Find your ideal job
Breakroom is here to help you find the job you deserve.Join Breakroom
How much do CSA in Edinburgh get paid?
CSA in Edinburgh earn
£7.69–10.21 per hour
Based on 250 employee reviews
What do top employers pay CSA?
Who are the top CSA employers?
Recent CSA vacancies in Edinburgh
- Customer Assistant - Operations - Full-Time - Fort Kinnaird at Marks & Spencer posted 12 days ago
- Sales Assistant at Certas Energy posted 9 days ago
- Yard Sales Assistant at Travis Perkins posted 8 days ago
- Retail Customer Service Assistant at Certas Energy posted 7 days ago
- Customer Assistant - Express at Tesco posted 5 days ago
- Customer Assistant - Click And Collect at Tesco posted 3 days ago
What contracts are people on?
Based on 219 employees
How are people paid?
Based on 250 employees
CSA pay in other places
Catering supervisor pay in Edinburgh
Assistant manager pay in Edinburgh
Nursing assistants pay in Edinburgh
Kitchen manager pay in Edinburgh
Home carer pay in Edinburgh
Delivery driver or courier pay in Edinburgh
Crew trainer pay in Edinburgh
Domestic pay in Edinburgh
HCSW pay in Edinburgh
Pharmacist pay in Edinburgh
- Catering supervisor pay in Edinburgh
- Assistant manager pay in Edinburgh
- Nursing assistants pay in Edinburgh
- Kitchen manager pay in Edinburgh
- Home carer pay in Edinburgh
- Delivery driver or courier pay in Edinburgh
- Crew trainer pay in Edinburgh
- Domestic pay in Edinburgh
- HCSW pay in Edinburgh
- Pharmacist pay in Edinburgh
What do CSA employees do?
Retail assistants have the job of selling goods and helping customers in a shop.
They can work on the shop floor and in the storeroom.
Other names for retail assistants are:
- Sales assistants/ representatives/ associates/ ambassadors/ co-workers/ people
- Shop assistants
- Retail colleagues
- Customer service assistants/ advisors
This type of job involves:
- Greeting customers as they enter the store
- Answering any customer questions
- Helping customers find their way around the shop
- Taking payments for products at tills
- Issuing refunds
- Meeting targets (sales and promotions)
- Maintaining a clean and tidy shop floor
- Unpacking stock and display on shelves
- Receiving deliveries
You may be on your feet a lot. But you may be able to sit down if you’re working at a checkout.
You may have to work night shifts, on weekends and bank holidays.
Retail assistant is an entry level job.
If you want to apply for a retail assistant job, you might need the following:
- The right to work in the UK
- You may have to have some GCSEs or a relevant apprenticeship
- Depending on the type of shop, you may have to already have some knowledge about the products being sold