How much do colleagues in Leeds get paid?
Colleagues in Leeds earn
£7.49-11.00 per hour
Based on 196 employee reviews
What do top employers pay colleagues?
Recent colleague Jobs in Leeds
- Festive Colleague - Twilights - Leeds Roundhay at Tesco posted yesterday
- Tesco Colleague - Phone Shops - Leeds Seacroft Extra at Tesco posted 4 days ago
- Tesco Colleague Nights - Leeds Seacroft Extra at Tesco posted yesterday
- Festive Colleague - Nights - Batley at Tesco posted yesterday
- Sales Assistant at WHSmith posted 9 days ago
- Retail Customer Service Representative at William Hill posted 12 days ago
How are people paid?
Based on 196 employees
What contracts are people on?
Based on 179 employees
Colleague pay in other places
- Colleague pay in Belfast
- Colleague pay in London
- Colleague pay in Birmingham
- Colleague pay in Newcastle
- Colleague pay in Sheffield
- Colleague pay in Bristol
- Colleague pay in Nottingham
- Colleague pay in Liverpool
- Colleague pay in Portsmouth
- Colleague pay in Glasgow
- Colleague pay in Bradford
- Colleague pay in Edinburgh
- Colleague pay in Manchester
What do colleagues do?
Retail assistants have the job of selling goods and helping customers in a shop.
They can work on the shop floor and in the storeroom.
Other names for retail assistants are:
- Sales assistants/ representatives/ associates/ ambassadors/ co-workers/ people
- Shop assistants
- Retail colleagues
- Customer service assistants/ advisors
This type of job involves:
- Greeting customers as they enter the store
- Answering any customer questions
- Helping customers find their way around the shop
- Taking payments for products at tills
- Issuing refunds
- Meeting targets (sales and promotions)
- Maintaining a clean and tidy shop floor
- Unpacking stock and display on shelves
- Receiving deliveries
You may be on your feet a lot. But you may be able to sit down if you’re working at a checkout.
You may have to work night shifts, on weekends and bank holidays.
Retail assistant is an entry level job.
If you want to apply for a retail assistant job, you might need the following:
- The right to work in the UK
- You may have to have some GCSEs or a relevant apprenticeship
- Depending on the type of shop, you may have to already have some knowledge about the products being sold