How much do colleagues in Belfast get paid?
Colleagues in Belfast earn
£7.49-11.13 per hour
Based on 101 employee reviews
What do top employers pay colleagues?
Recent colleague Jobs in Belfast
- Team Member at Greggs posted 3 days ago
- Tesco Colleague - Belmont Rd Belfast Express at Tesco posted 5 days ago
- Tesco Colleague - Ballygomartin Superstore at Tesco posted 9 days ago
- Tesco Colleague - Ballyhackamore Express at Tesco posted 8 days ago
- Team Member (Office) - Belfast Donegal Place at Next posted 8 days ago
- Team Member - Newtownabbey at Next posted 8 days ago
How are people paid?
Based on 101 employees
What contracts are people on?
Based on 90 employees
Colleague pay in other places
- Colleague pay in London
- Colleague pay in Birmingham
- Colleague pay in Newcastle
- Colleague pay in Sheffield
- Colleague pay in Leeds
- Colleague pay in Bristol
- Colleague pay in Nottingham
- Colleague pay in Liverpool
- Colleague pay in Portsmouth
- Colleague pay in Glasgow
- Colleague pay in Bradford
- Colleague pay in Edinburgh
- Colleague pay in Manchester
What do colleagues do?
Retail assistants have the job of selling goods and helping customers in a shop.
They can work on the shop floor and in the storeroom.
Other names for retail assistants are:
- Sales assistants/ representatives/ associates/ ambassadors/ co-workers/ people
- Shop assistants
- Retail colleagues
- Customer service assistants/ advisors
This type of job involves:
- Greeting customers as they enter the store
- Answering any customer questions
- Helping customers find their way around the shop
- Taking payments for products at tills
- Issuing refunds
- Meeting targets (sales and promotions)
- Maintaining a clean and tidy shop floor
- Unpacking stock and display on shelves
- Receiving deliveries
You may be on your feet a lot. But you may be able to sit down if you’re working at a checkout.
You may have to work night shifts, on weekends and bank holidays.
Retail assistant is an entry level job.
If you want to apply for a retail assistant job, you might need the following:
- The right to work in the UK
- You may have to have some GCSEs or a relevant apprenticeship
- Depending on the type of shop, you may have to already have some knowledge about the products being sold