How much do claims technicians in Leeds get paid?
Claims technicians in Leeds earn
£10.07-17.94 per hour
Based on 38 employee reviews
What do top employers pay claims technicians?
Recent claims technician Jobs in Leeds
- FTC In-house Claims Handler (Leeds) at Hays Recruitment posted 3 days ago
- Counter Fraud Claims Handler at Direct Line posted 6 days ago
- Pre Litigated Credit Hire File Handler at Keoghs posted 7 days ago
- Multi Track File Handler at Keoghs posted 7 days ago
- Small Claims Track File Handler at Keoghs posted 7 days ago
- Claims Handler CH1 at Keoghs posted yesterday
How are people paid?
Based on 38 employees
Claims technician pay in other places
- Claims technician pay in Newcastle
- Claims technician pay in Bristol
- Claims technician pay in Liverpool
- Claims technician pay in Portsmouth
- Claims technician pay in Bradford
- Claims technician pay in Sheffield
- Claims technician pay in London
- Claims technician pay in Birmingham
- Claims technician pay in Manchester
- Claims technician pay in Glasgow
What do claims technicians do?
Insurance claims handlers have the job of working with customers who make insurance claims.
They can work in a contact centre or an office.
Other names for Insurance claims handlers are:
- Claims handlers
- Claims advisors
- Claims agents
This type of job might involve:
- Talking to customers on the phone
- Taking down details relevant to the claim
- Issuing forms and paperwork
- Getting documents to support the claim (e.g. receipts)
- Checking the claim against the insurance policy taken out
- Paying out small claims
- Giving advice to customers (e.g. explaining policy premiums)
As this job can be done from behind a desk, you’ll be sat down quite a bit.
If you want to apply for an insurance claims handler job, you might need the following: