How much do claims handlers in Leeds get paid?
Claims handlers in Leeds earn
£10.07-17.66 per hour
Based on 38 employee reviews
What do top employers pay claims handlers?
Recent claims handler Jobs in Leeds
- FTC In-house Claims Handler (Leeds) at Hays Recruitment posted yesterday
- Counter Fraud Claims Handler at Direct Line posted 4 days ago
- Pre Litigated Credit Hire File Handler at Keoghs posted 5 days ago
- Multi Track File Handler at Keoghs posted 5 days ago
- Small Claims Track File Handler at Keoghs posted 5 days ago
- Fast Track File Handler at Keoghs posted 15 days ago
How are people paid?
Based on 38 employees
Claims handler pay in other places
- Claims handler pay in London
- Claims handler pay in Manchester
- Claims handler pay in Glasgow
- Claims handler pay in Newcastle
- Claims handler pay in Sheffield
- Claims handler pay in Bristol
- Claims handler pay in Liverpool
- Claims handler pay in Portsmouth
- Claims handler pay in Bradford
- Claims handler pay in Birmingham
What do claims handlers do?
Insurance claims handlers have the job of working with customers who make insurance claims.
They can work in a contact centre or an office.
Other names for Insurance claims handlers are:
- Claims handlers
- Claims advisors
- Claims agents
This type of job might involve:
- Talking to customers on the phone
- Taking down details relevant to the claim
- Issuing forms and paperwork
- Getting documents to support the claim (e.g. receipts)
- Checking the claim against the insurance policy taken out
- Paying out small claims
- Giving advice to customers (e.g. explaining policy premiums)
As this job can be done from behind a desk, you’ll be sat down quite a bit.
If you want to apply for an insurance claims handler job, you might need the following: