How much do claims handlers in Glasgow get paid?
Claims handlers in Glasgow earn
£10.77-15.55 per hour
Based on 30 employee reviews
What do top employers pay claims handlers?
Recent claims handler Jobs in Glasgow
- Claims Handler at Brook Street Bureau posted 15 days ago
- Claims Handler - Domestic Major Loss, Glasgow at Sedgwick posted 25 days ago
- Customer Service Claims Handler at NFU Mutual posted 1 month ago
- Motor Claims Handler - Personal lines at Aviva posted 1 month ago
- Casualty Claims Team Leader at Aviva posted 2 months ago
- Commercial Claims Technician at Sedgwick posted 3 months ago
How are people paid?
Based on 30 employees
Claims handler pay in other places
- Claims handler pay in London
- Claims handler pay in Manchester
- Claims handler pay in Newcastle
- Claims handler pay in Sheffield
- Claims handler pay in Leeds
- Claims handler pay in Bristol
- Claims handler pay in Liverpool
- Claims handler pay in Portsmouth
- Claims handler pay in Bradford
- Claims handler pay in Birmingham
What do claims handlers do?
Insurance claims handlers have the job of working with customers who make insurance claims.
They can work in a contact centre or an office.
Other names for Insurance claims handlers are:
- Claims handlers
- Claims advisors
- Claims agents
This type of job might involve:
- Talking to customers on the phone
- Taking down details relevant to the claim
- Issuing forms and paperwork
- Getting documents to support the claim (e.g. receipts)
- Checking the claim against the insurance policy taken out
- Paying out small claims
- Giving advice to customers (e.g. explaining policy premiums)
As this job can be done from behind a desk, you’ll be sat down quite a bit.
If you want to apply for an insurance claims handler job, you might need the following: