Find your ideal job
Breakroom is here to help you find the job you deserve.Join Breakroom
How much do chefs in Liverpool get paid?
Chefs in Liverpool earn
£8.33–14.02 per hour
Based on 25 employee reviews
What do top employers pay chefs?
Recent chef vacancies in Liverpool
- Chef at Frankie & Benny’s posted yesterday
- Chef at Carluccio’s posted 3 days ago
- Chef at Harvester posted 20 hours ago
- Chef at Toby Carvery posted 20 hours ago
- Chef at Miller & Carter Steakhouse posted 20 hours ago
- Chef at Bill’s posted 20 hours ago
What contracts are people on?
Based on 17 employees
How are people paid?
Based on 25 employees
Chef pay in other places
Cashier pay in Liverpool
Retail store and shop manager pay in Liverpool
Bartender pay in Liverpool
FSA pay in Liverpool
Postal worker pay in Liverpool
Team member pay in Liverpool
Nursery nurses and assistant pay in Liverpool
HGV driver pay in Liverpool
Engineer pay in Liverpool
Sandwich artist pay in Liverpool
- Cashier pay in Liverpool
- Retail store and shop manager pay in Liverpool
- Bartender pay in Liverpool
- FSA pay in Liverpool
- Postal worker pay in Liverpool
- Team member pay in Liverpool
- Nursery nurses and assistant pay in Liverpool
- HGV driver pay in Liverpool
- Engineer pay in Liverpool
- Sandwich artist pay in Liverpool
What do chefs employees do?
Chefs have the job of preparing, cooking and plating up food for customers.
Chefs work in kitchens that can be found in:
- Schools/ colleges
- The military
- Private catering events
There are a few types of chef jobs. These are:
- Apprentice/ trainee chef. This can also be called a commis chef.
- Section chef. This can also be called a chef de partie.
- Sous chef. This is the second-in-command chef.
- Head chef. This can also be called an executive chef or a chef du cuisine.
Each of these types of chef jobs have different tasks. You can read up on what different chef jobs are here.
In general, a chef job may involve:
- Planning menus
- Ordering and quality controlling ingredients and kitchen equipment
- Managing budgets
- Prepping meat and fish for cooking
- Cleaning and prepping other ingredients for cooking
- Cooking food under time pressure
- Plating up and presenting food
- Maintaining hygiene, health and safety and licensing laws
- Working as part of a kitchen team
Chef work is physical. You may spend a lot of time on your feet.
You may have to work early mornings, late nights, weekends and bank holidays.
If you want to apply for a chef job, you might need the following:
- Kitchen experience and training
- The right to work in the UK
You can be promoted to a junior chef job from a kitchen assistant job.