How much do chefs in Leeds get paid?
Chefs in Leeds earn
£6.93-11.75 per hour
Based on 49 employee reviews
What do top employers pay chefs?
Recent chef Jobs in Leeds
- Chef at Greene King posted yesterday
- Apprentice Chef at Lifetime Training posted yesterday
- Chef - Leeds at Loungers posted 10 days ago
- Chef - Leeds at Pho posted 10 days ago
- Chef (Daytime shifts) at Gather and Gather posted 19 hours ago
- Chef - Part time at All Bar One posted 9 days ago
How are people paid?
Based on 49 employees
What contracts are people on?
Based on 39 employees
Chef pay in other places
What do chefs do?
Chefs have the job of preparing, cooking and plating up food for customers.
Chefs work in kitchens that can be found in:
- Schools/ colleges
- The military
- Private catering events
There are a few types of chef jobs. These are:
- Apprentice/ trainee chef. This can also be called a commis chef.
- Section chef. This can also be called a chef de partie.
- Sous chef. This is the second-in-command chef.
- Head chef. This can also be called an executive chef or a chef du cuisine.
Each of these types of chef jobs have different tasks. You can read up on what different chef jobs are here.
In general, a chef job may involve:
- Planning menus
- Ordering and quality controlling ingredients and kitchen equipment
- Managing budgets
- Prepping meat and fish for cooking
- Cleaning and prepping other ingredients for cooking
- Cooking food under time pressure
- Plating up and presenting food
- Maintaining hygiene, health and safety and licensing laws
- Working as part of a kitchen team
Chef work is physical. You may spend a lot of time on your feet.
You may have to work early mornings, late nights, weekends and bank holidays.
If you want to apply for a chef job, you might need the following:
- Kitchen experience and training
- The right to work in the UK
You can be promoted to a junior chef job from a kitchen assistant job.