How much do chef managers in London get paid?
Chef managers in London earn
£10.35-16.96 per hour
Based on 76 employee reviews
What do top employers pay chef managers?
Who are the worst chef manager employers?
Recent chef manager Jobs in London
- Chef at Compass Group posted 13 days ago
- Chef at Greene King posted 6 days ago
- Chef at Slug & Lettuce posted yesterday
- Assistant Chef at HC One posted 11 days ago
- Chef at Bupa posted 12 days ago
- Chef at ABM Catering posted 6 days ago
How are people paid?
Based on 76 employees
What contracts are people on?
Based on 108 employees
Chef manager pay in other places
- Chef manager pay in Bradford
- Chef manager pay in Birmingham
- Chef manager pay in Manchester
- Chef manager pay in Glasgow
- Chef manager pay in Newcastle
- Chef manager pay in Edinburgh
- Chef manager pay in Sheffield
- Chef manager pay in Leeds
- Chef manager pay in Bristol
- Chef manager pay in Nottingham
- Chef manager pay in Liverpool
- Chef manager pay in Portsmouth
What do chef managers do?
Chefs have the job of preparing, cooking and plating up food for customers.
Chefs work in kitchens that can be found in:
- Schools/ colleges
- The military
- Private catering events
There are a few types of chef jobs. These are:
- Apprentice/ trainee chef. This can also be called a commis chef.
- Section chef. This can also be called a chef de partie.
- Sous chef. This is the second-in-command chef.
- Head chef. This can also be called an executive chef or a chef du cuisine.
Each of these types of chef jobs have different tasks. You can read up on what different chef jobs are here.
In general, a chef job may involve:
- Planning menus
- Ordering and quality controlling ingredients and kitchen equipment
- Managing budgets
- Prepping meat and fish for cooking
- Cleaning and prepping other ingredients for cooking
- Cooking food under time pressure
- Plating up and presenting food
- Maintaining hygiene, health and safety and licensing laws
- Working as part of a kitchen team
Chef work is physical. You may spend a lot of time on your feet.
You may have to work early mornings, late nights, weekends and bank holidays.
If you want to apply for a chef job, you might need the following:
- Kitchen experience and training
- The right to work in the UK
You can be promoted to a junior chef job from a kitchen assistant job.