Find your ideal job
Breakroom is here to help you find the job you deserve.Join Breakroom
How much do cashiers in Newcastle get paid?
Cashiers in Newcastle earn
£6.76–10.00 per hour
Based on 401 employee reviews
What do top employers pay cashiers?
Who are the top cashier employers?
Recent cashier vacancies in Newcastle
- Customer Assistant at Tesco posted yesterday
- Phone Shop - Customer Assistant at Tesco posted 21 hours ago
- Customer Sales Advisor - 20 Hours Per Week at Halfords posted 4 days ago
- Customer Assistant - Pick and Pack at Morrisons posted 2 days ago
- Sales Assistant at Company Shop posted yesterday
- Retail Store Assistant at Aldi posted yesterday
How are people paid?
Based on 402 employees
What contracts are people on?
Based on 360 employees
Cashier pay in other places
- Cashier pay in Bradford
- Cashier pay in Belfast
- Cashier pay in London
- Cashier pay in Birmingham
- Cashier pay in Manchester
- Cashier pay in Glasgow
- Cashier pay in Edinburgh
- Cashier pay in Sheffield
- Cashier pay in Leeds
- Cashier pay in Bristol
- Cashier pay in Nottingham
- Cashier pay in Liverpool
- Cashier pay in Portsmouth
Shift supervisor pay in Newcastle
Pharmacy assistant pay in Newcastle
Social worker pay in Newcastle
Security officer pay in Newcastle
Care workers and assistant pay in Newcastle
Supervisor pay in Newcastle
Service engineer pay in Newcastle
Pharmacy dispenser pay in Newcastle
Health care assistant pay in Newcastle
Bus and coach driver pay in Newcastle
- Shift supervisor pay in Newcastle
- Pharmacy assistant pay in Newcastle
- Social worker pay in Newcastle
- Security officer pay in Newcastle
- Care workers and assistant pay in Newcastle
- Supervisor pay in Newcastle
- Service engineer pay in Newcastle
- Pharmacy dispenser pay in Newcastle
- Health care assistant pay in Newcastle
- Bus and coach driver pay in Newcastle
What do cashiers employees do?
Retail assistants have the job of selling goods and helping customers in a shop.
They can work on the shop floor and in the storeroom.
Other names for retail assistants are:
- Sales assistants/ representatives/ associates/ ambassadors/ co-workers/ people
- Shop assistants
- Retail colleagues
- Customer service assistants/ advisors
This type of job involves:
- Greeting customers as they enter the store
- Answering any customer questions
- Helping customers find their way around the shop
- Taking payments for products at tills
- Issuing refunds
- Meeting targets (sales and promotions)
- Maintaining a clean and tidy shop floor
- Unpacking stock and display on shelves
- Receiving deliveries
You may be on your feet a lot. But you may be able to sit down if you’re working at a checkout.
You may have to work night shifts, on weekends and bank holidays.
Retail assistant is an entry level job.
If you want to apply for a retail assistant job, you might need the following:
- The right to work in the UK
- You may have to have some GCSEs or a relevant apprenticeship
- Depending on the type of shop, you may have to already have some knowledge about the products being sold