How much do cashiers in Edinburgh get paid?
Cashiers in Edinburgh earn
£8.49-11.42 per hour
Based on 94 employee reviews
What do top employers pay cashiers?
Recent cashier Jobs in Edinburgh
- Tesco Colleague - Customer Service Desk - Corstorphine Extra at Tesco posted 2 days ago
- Tesco Colleague - Edinburgh Colinton at Tesco posted 2 days ago
- Tesco Colleague - Livingston Mn St Express at Tesco posted 5 days ago
- Tesco Colleague Nights - Corstorphine Extra at Tesco posted 4 days ago
- Tesco Colleague - Phone Shops - Edinburgh at Tesco posted 8 days ago
- Tesco Colleague - Edinburgh Express at Tesco posted 4 days ago
How are people paid?
Based on 94 employees
What contracts are people on?
Based on 84 employees
Cashier pay in other places
- Cashier pay in Bradford
- Cashier pay in Belfast
- Cashier pay in London
- Cashier pay in Birmingham
- Cashier pay in Manchester
- Cashier pay in Glasgow
- Cashier pay in Newcastle
- Cashier pay in Sheffield
- Cashier pay in Leeds
- Cashier pay in Bristol
- Cashier pay in Nottingham
- Cashier pay in Liverpool
- Cashier pay in Portsmouth
Waiter pay in Edinburgh
Carer pay in Edinburgh
Postal worker pay in Edinburgh
HGV driver pay in Edinburgh
Kitchen assistant pay in Edinburgh
Nursery practitioner pay in Edinburgh
Site manager pay in Edinburgh
Chef manager pay in Edinburgh
Pharmacy assistant pay in Edinburgh
MOT tester pay in Edinburgh
- Waiter pay in Edinburgh
- Carer pay in Edinburgh
- Postal worker pay in Edinburgh
- HGV driver pay in Edinburgh
- Kitchen assistant pay in Edinburgh
- Nursery practitioner pay in Edinburgh
- Site manager pay in Edinburgh
- Chef manager pay in Edinburgh
- Pharmacy assistant pay in Edinburgh
- MOT tester pay in Edinburgh
What do cashiers do?
Retail assistants have the job of selling goods and helping customers in a shop.
They can work on the shop floor and in the storeroom.
Other names for retail assistants are:
- Sales assistants/ representatives/ associates/ ambassadors/ co-workers/ people
- Shop assistants
- Retail colleagues
- Customer service assistants/ advisors
This type of job involves:
- Greeting customers as they enter the store
- Answering any customer questions
- Helping customers find their way around the shop
- Taking payments for products at tills
- Issuing refunds
- Meeting targets (sales and promotions)
- Maintaining a clean and tidy shop floor
- Unpacking stock and display on shelves
- Receiving deliveries
You may be on your feet a lot. But you may be able to sit down if you’re working at a checkout.
You may have to work night shifts, on weekends and bank holidays.
Retail assistant is an entry level job.
If you want to apply for a retail assistant job, you might need the following:
- The right to work in the UK
- You may have to have some GCSEs or a relevant apprenticeship
- Depending on the type of shop, you may have to already have some knowledge about the products being sold