Find your ideal job
Breakroom is here to help you find the job you deserve.Join Breakroom
How much do cashiers in Bristol get paid?
Cashiers in Bristol earn
£6.66–9.98 per hour
Based on 222 employee reviews
What do top employers pay cashiers?
Who are the top cashier employers?
Recent cashier vacancies in Bristol
- Cashier - Bristol at Grosvenor Casinos posted yesterday
- Cashier / Cash Processor - Bedminster at Manpower posted yesterday
- Customer Service Coordinator at Persimmon posted 11 days ago
- Food Service Assistant at Sodexo posted 7 days ago
- Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship - Bristol at KFC posted 6 days ago
- Customer Service Officer at Virgin Money posted 5 days ago
What contracts are people on?
Based on 195 employees
How are people paid?
Based on 222 employees
Cashier pay in other places
- Cashier pay in Bradford
- Cashier pay in Belfast
- Cashier pay in London
- Cashier pay in Birmingham
- Cashier pay in Manchester
- Cashier pay in Glasgow
- Cashier pay in Newcastle
- Cashier pay in Edinburgh
- Cashier pay in Sheffield
- Cashier pay in Leeds
- Cashier pay in Nottingham
- Cashier pay in Liverpool
- Cashier pay in Portsmouth
What do cashiers employees do?
Retail assistants have the job of selling goods and helping customers in a shop.
They can work on the shop floor and in the storeroom.
Other names for retail assistants are:
- Sales assistants/ representatives/ associates/ ambassadors/ co-workers/ people
- Shop assistants
- Retail colleagues
- Customer service assistants/ advisors
This type of job involves:
- Greeting customers as they enter the store
- Answering any customer questions
- Helping customers find their way around the shop
- Taking payments for products at tills
- Issuing refunds
- Meeting targets (sales and promotions)
- Maintaining a clean and tidy shop floor
- Unpacking stock and display on shelves
- Receiving deliveries
You may be on your feet a lot. But you may be able to sit down if you’re working at a checkout.
You may have to work night shifts, on weekends and bank holidays.
Retail assistant is an entry level job.
If you want to apply for a retail assistant job, you might need the following:
- The right to work in the UK
- You may have to have some GCSEs or a relevant apprenticeship
- Depending on the type of shop, you may have to already have some knowledge about the products being sold