Find your ideal job
Breakroom is here to help you find the job you deserve.Join Breakroom
How much do carpenters and joiners in Leeds get paid?
Carpenters and joiners in Leeds earn
£7.27–15.36 per hour
Based on 13 employee reviews
What do top employers pay carpenters and joiners?
Who are the top carpenter or joiner employers?
Recent carpenter or joiner vacancies in Leeds
What contracts are people on?
Based on 11 employees
How are people paid?
Based on 13 employees
Carpenter or joiner pay in other places
What do carpenters and joiners employees do?
Carpenters and joiners have the job of making wooden things.
This includes furniture, floorboards, doors and other types of fittings.
You might work in a workshop, on a construction site or in a client’s home/business.
Carpenters can also work on sets for theatre, TV and film.
Other names for carpenters and joiners are:
- Bench joiners
This type of job might involve:
- Following plans and instructions
- Ordering building materials
- Repairing and replacing damaged wood
- Using specialist equipment and power tools to cut wood with
- Fitting, assembling and installing kitchens, shop interiors, staircases, window frames and/or roof timbers
- Working at heights
You may have to work in the evenings or over weekends.
If you want to apply for a carpenter or joiner job, you might need the following:
- Some GCSEs, Level 2 or 3 Diploma or relevant apprenticeship
- A Construction Skills Certification Scheme (SCSC) card
- The right to work in the UK