How much do carpenters and joiners in Leeds get paid?
Carpenters and joiners in Leeds earn
£6.50-17.18 per hour
Based on 47 employee reviews
What do top employers pay carpenters and joiners?
Recent carpenter or joiner Jobs in Leeds
- Joiner at Places For People posted 7 days ago
- Fabric Joiner at Randstad posted 1 month ago
- Joiner at Hays Recruitment posted 1 month ago
How are people paid?
Based on 47 employees
What contracts are people on?
Based on 34 employees
Carpenter or joiner pay in other places
- Carpenter or joiner pay in Nottingham
- Carpenter or joiner pay in Liverpool
- Carpenter or joiner pay in Portsmouth
- Carpenter or joiner pay in Bradford
- Carpenter or joiner pay in Edinburgh
- Carpenter or joiner pay in Bristol
- Carpenter or joiner pay in London
- Carpenter or joiner pay in Birmingham
- Carpenter or joiner pay in Manchester
- Carpenter or joiner pay in Glasgow
- Carpenter or joiner pay in Newcastle
- Carpenter or joiner pay in Sheffield
What do carpenters and joiners do?
Carpenters and joiners have the job of making wooden things.
This includes furniture, floorboards, doors and other types of fittings.
You might work in a workshop, on a construction site or in a client’s home/business.
Carpenters can also work on sets for theatre, TV and film.
Other names for carpenters and joiners are:
- Bench joiners
This type of job might involve:
- Following plans and instructions
- Ordering building materials
- Repairing and replacing damaged wood
- Using specialist equipment and power tools to cut wood with
- Fitting, assembling and installing kitchens, shop interiors, staircases, window frames and/or roof timbers
- Working at heights
You may have to work in the evenings or over weekends.
If you want to apply for a carpenter or joiner job, you might need the following:
- Some GCSEs, Level 2 or 3 Diploma or relevant apprenticeship
- A Construction Skills Certification Scheme (SCSC) card
- The right to work in the UK