Find your ideal job
Breakroom is here to help you find the job you deserve.Join Breakroom
How much do call handlers in Bristol get paid?
Call handlers in Bristol earn
£8.38–13.60 per hour
Based on 25 employee reviews
What do top employers pay call handlers?
Who are the top call handler employers?
Recent call handler vacancies in Bristol
- Customer Service Claims Handler at NFU Mutual posted yesterday
- Sales Advisor at ScS Sofas posted 20 hours ago
- Sales Advisor at ScS Sofas posted 7 days ago
- Customer Service - Personal Banker at Natwest posted yesterday
- Customer Service Adviser at Direct Line posted 4 days ago
- Sales Advisor at Manpower posted 20 hours ago
How are people paid?
Based on 25 employees
Call handler pay in other places
- Call handler pay in Bradford
- Call handler pay in Belfast
- Call handler pay in London
- Call handler pay in Birmingham
- Call handler pay in Manchester
- Call handler pay in Glasgow
- Call handler pay in Newcastle
- Call handler pay in Edinburgh
- Call handler pay in Sheffield
- Call handler pay in Leeds
- Call handler pay in Nottingham
- Call handler pay in Liverpool
- Call handler pay in Portsmouth
What do call handlers employees do?
Call and contact centre staff have the job of helping and/ or selling products to customers over the phone.
Other names for call centre staff are:
- Call centre operative/ operator/ assistant/ officer
- Call handler
- Customer service assistant/ advisor
- Contact centre agent
- Customer experience specialist
They can work in offices, call centres or virtual contact centres.
These can either be:
- Inbound contact centres - where people contact the company
- Outbound contact centres - where the company contacts people
Some companies have their own in-house contact centres, and some contact centres are outsourced to other companies.
Many different industries have contact centres. These include:
- Broadband, TV and phone
If working at an inbound contact centre, your job may include:
- Talking to customers on the phone, web chat or email
- Helping customers buy a service, fix a problem, solve a complaint and answer general questions
- Meeting call targets
If working at an outbound contact centre, your job may include:
- Calling up people on the phone
- Selling products, services or asking for donations
- Asking people to answer questionnaires
- Meeting sales targets
These jobs can often be done sitting down.
You may have to work early mornings, late nights, on weekends or bank holidays.
This is an entry level job.
If you want to apply for a call centre job, you might need the following:
- Some GCSEs, a Level 1 or 2 certificate or a relevant apprenticeship
- Basic computer skills
- The right to work in the UK
Read our guide to the best call centres to work at.