How much do branch managers in Newcastle get paid?
Branch managers in Newcastle earn
£10.06-17.41 per hour
Based on 66 employee reviews
What do top employers pay branch managers?
Recent branch manager Jobs in Newcastle
- Customer and Trading Manager - Nightshift at Sainsbury’s posted 10 days ago
- Store Manager at Heron Foods posted 6 days ago
- Retail Customer Service (CSM) 16hrs at Entain posted 2 days ago
- Showroom Manager at Hammonds posted 5 days ago
- Tesco Team Manager - Newcastle Upon Tyne Extra at Tesco posted 6 days ago
- Retail Customer Service (CSM) 20hrs at Entain posted 7 hours ago
How are people paid?
Based on 66 employees
What contracts are people on?
Based on 29 employees
Branch manager pay in other places
- Branch manager pay in Belfast
- Branch manager pay in Birmingham
- Branch manager pay in Manchester
- Branch manager pay in Glasgow
- Branch manager pay in Sheffield
- Branch manager pay in Leeds
- Branch manager pay in Nottingham
- Branch manager pay in Liverpool
- Branch manager pay in Bradford
- Branch manager pay in Bristol
- Branch manager pay in London
- Branch manager pay in Portsmouth
- Branch manager pay in Edinburgh
What do branch managers do?
Retail managers have the job of running a shop on a day-to-day basis.
They can work on the shop floor and in a shop office.
Other names for retail managers are:
- Shop manager
- Store manager
- Branch manager
- General manager
Some shops have assistant manager roles too. This can also be called a deputy general manager.
This type of job may involve similar tasks that retail supervisors do, along with:
- Motivating the team to reach targets and setting customer service standards
- Managing stock levels
- Recruiting, interviewing and training new workers
- Taking part in performance reviews
- Managing budgets
- Writing reports
- Keeping on top of legal and health and safety requirements
- Analysing and forecasting sales
- Dealing with customer complaints and feedback
- Organising promotions, displays and in-store events
You may be on your feet a lot. But any office-based tasks can be done sitting down.
You may have to work on weekends and bank holidays.
If you want to apply for a retail manager job, you might need the following:
- Previous retail experience
- Previous managerial experience may be expected
- Basic computer skills
- The right to work in the UK