Find your ideal job
Breakroom is here to help you find the job you deserve.Join Breakroom
How much do associates in Manchester get paid?
Associates in Manchester earn
£6.56–10.00 per hour
Based on 789 employee reviews
What do top employers pay associates?
Who are the top associate employers?
Recent associate vacancies in Manchester
- Sales Associate at Ralph Lauren posted 13 days ago
- Sales Associate at Ralph Lauren posted 20 hours ago
- Sales Associate Womenswear (Exchange) 37.5 hrs at Selfridges posted 3 days ago
- Sales Associate Accessories (Trafford) 15 hours at Selfridges posted yesterday
- Associate Dentist at My Dentist posted yesterday
- Housekeeping Associate at TJX posted 20 hours ago
What contracts are people on?
Based on 711 employees
How are people paid?
Based on 790 employees
Associate pay in other places
- Associate pay in Liverpool
- Associate pay in Portsmouth
- Associate pay in Edinburgh
- Associate pay in Belfast
- Associate pay in London
- Associate pay in Birmingham
- Associate pay in Glasgow
- Associate pay in Newcastle
- Associate pay in Sheffield
- Associate pay in Leeds
- Associate pay in Nottingham
- Associate pay in Bradford
- Associate pay in Bristol
Bar associate pay in Manchester
Transport manager pay in Manchester
Welder pay in Manchester
Maintenance engineer pay in Manchester
Senior carer pay in Manchester
Insurance claims handlers pay in Manchester
Factory supervisor pay in Manchester
Physiotherapists pay in Manchester
Site manager pay in Manchester
Caretaker pay in Manchester
- Bar associate pay in Manchester
- Transport manager pay in Manchester
- Welder pay in Manchester
- Maintenance engineer pay in Manchester
- Senior carer pay in Manchester
- Insurance claims handlers pay in Manchester
- Factory supervisor pay in Manchester
- Physiotherapists pay in Manchester
- Site manager pay in Manchester
- Caretaker pay in Manchester
What do associates employees do?
Retail assistants have the job of selling goods and helping customers in a shop.
They can work on the shop floor and in the storeroom.
Other names for retail assistants are:
- Sales assistants/ representatives/ associates/ ambassadors/ co-workers/ people
- Shop assistants
- Retail colleagues
- Customer service assistants/ advisors
This type of job involves:
- Greeting customers as they enter the store
- Answering any customer questions
- Helping customers find their way around the shop
- Taking payments for products at tills
- Issuing refunds
- Meeting targets (sales and promotions)
- Maintaining a clean and tidy shop floor
- Unpacking stock and display on shelves
- Receiving deliveries
You may be on your feet a lot. But you may be able to sit down if you’re working at a checkout.
You may have to work night shifts, on weekends and bank holidays.
Retail assistant is an entry level job.
If you want to apply for a retail assistant job, you might need the following:
- The right to work in the UK
- You may have to have some GCSEs or a relevant apprenticeship
- Depending on the type of shop, you may have to already have some knowledge about the products being sold