Find your ideal job
Breakroom is here to help you find the job you deserve.Join Breakroom
How much do assistant managers in Edinburgh get paid?
Assistant managers in Edinburgh earn
£9.51–16.29 per hour
Based on 22 employee reviews
What do top employers pay assistant managers?
Who are the top assistant manager employers?
Recent assistant manager vacancies in Edinburgh
- Assistant Store Manager at Dreams posted 19 hours ago
- Assistant Store Manager at Mountain Warehouse posted yesterday
- Assistant Store Manager at Mountain Warehouse posted 19 hours ago
- Assistant Store Manager - GAME at GAME posted 13 days ago
- Trainee Assistant Manager at Pizza Express posted 14 days ago
- Assistant Store Manager at Dreams posted 14 days ago
How are people paid?
Based on 22 employees
Assistant manager pay in other places
- Assistant manager pay in Newcastle
- Assistant manager pay in Sheffield
- Assistant manager pay in Leeds
- Assistant manager pay in Bristol
- Assistant manager pay in Nottingham
- Assistant manager pay in Liverpool
- Assistant manager pay in Bradford
- Assistant manager pay in Belfast
- Assistant manager pay in Portsmouth
- Assistant manager pay in London
- Assistant manager pay in Birmingham
- Assistant manager pay in Glasgow
- Assistant manager pay in Manchester
What do assistant managers employees do?
Bar, restaurant and kitchen managers have the job of running a bar, cafe, kitchen or restaurant.
Other names, and types, of bar, restaurant and kitchen managers include:
- Fast food restaurant manager
- Hotel restaurant manager
- General manager
- Catering manager
Some bars, cafes and restaurants have assistant manager roles too. They are sometimes called deputy general managers.
With this job, you may be working on the restaurant floor, behind the bar, in a kitchen or in an office.
This type of job may involve:
- Motivating restaurant and bar workers
- Organising rotas
- Managing budgets
- Recruiting and training new workers
- Developing relationships with suppliers
- Maintaining hygiene, health and safety and licensing laws
- Organising marketing events
- Writing reports
- Planning menus with the chef
- Meeting and greeting customers
- Dealing with customer complaints and feedback
You might be on your feet a lot. But any office-based tasks can be done sitting down.
You may have to work late nights, on weekends and bank holidays.
If you want to apply for a bar and restaurant manager job, you might need the following:
- Restaurant and/or bar experience and training
- Managerial experience
- The right to work in the UK
Bar and restaurant staff can also be promoted to bar and restaurant managers.