Best retail store or shop manager jobs
Retail managers have the job of running a shop on a day-to-day basis.
They can work on the shop floor and in a shop office.
Other names for retail managers are:
- Shop manager
- Store manager
- Branch manager
- General manager
Some shops have assistant manager roles too. This can also be called a deputy general manager.
This type of job may involve similar tasks that retail supervisors do, along with:
- Motivating the team to reach targets and setting customer service standards
- Managing stock levels
- Recruiting, interviewing and training new workers
- Taking part in performance reviews
- Managing budgets
- Writing reports
- Keeping on top of legal and health and safety requirements
- Analysing and forecasting sales
- Dealing with customer complaints and feedback
- Organising promotions, displays and in-store events
You may be on your feet a lot. But any office-based tasks can be done sitting down.
You may have to work on weekends and bank holidays.
If you want to apply for a retail manager job, you might need the following:
- Previous retail experience
- Previous managerial experience may be expected
- Basic computer skills
- The right to work in the UK
Handy to know about retail store and shop managers
How much do retail store and shop managers earn per year?
From 641 retail store and shop managers
What contracts are people on?
Based on 195 retail store and shop managers
How are people paid?
Based on 836 retail store and shop managers
How often do people get paid?
Based on 578 retail store and shop managers
How much notice do people get of their shifts?
Based on 575 retail store and shop managers
Who’s hiring retail store and shop managers?
57 recent jobs
35 recent jobs
18 recent jobs
16 recent jobs
15 recent jobs
12 recent jobs
9 recent jobs
7 recent jobs
4 recent jobs
4 recent jobs