Best retail or sales supervisor jobs
Retail supervisors have the job of managing and organising retail assistants in a shop.
They can work on the shop floor, in the storeroom and in the shop’s office.
Other names for retail supervisors are:
- Team leaders
- Sales supervisors
- Store supervisors
- Customer service supervisor
- First line manager
This type of job may involve similar tasks that retail assistants do, along with:
- Managing daily workloads for retail assistants
- Organising rotas for retail assistants
- Sharing targets, promotions and other important company news to retail assistants
You may be on your feet a lot. But any office-based tasks can be done sitting down.
You may have to work night shifts, on weekends and bank holidays.
If you want to apply for a retail supervisor job, you might need the following:
- Some GCSEs or a relevant apprenticeship
- Previous retail experience (1-2 years)
- Previous supervisor experience may be expected
- Supervisor management qualifications may be expected
- Basic computer skills
- The right to work in the UK
Retail assistants can also be promoted to retail supervisors.
Handy to know about retail and sales supervisors
How much do retail and sales supervisors earn per hour?
From 1,306 retail and sales supervisors
How often do people get paid?
Based on 1,470 retail and sales supervisors
How are people paid?
Based on 1,530 retail and sales supervisors
What contracts are people on?
Based on 1,302 retail and sales supervisors
How much notice do people get of their shifts?
Based on 1,475 retail and sales supervisors