Best retail or sales assistant jobs
Retail assistants have the job of selling goods and helping customers in a shop.
They can work on the shop floor and in the storeroom.
Other names for retail assistants are:
- Sales assistants/ representatives/ associates/ ambassadors/ co-workers/ people
- Shop assistants
- Retail colleagues
- Customer service assistants/ advisors
This type of job involves:
- Greeting customers as they enter the store
- Answering any customer questions
- Helping customers find their way around the shop
- Taking payments for products at tills
- Issuing refunds
- Meeting targets (sales and promotions)
- Maintaining a clean and tidy shop floor
- Unpacking stock and display on shelves
- Receiving deliveries
You may be on your feet a lot. But you may be able to sit down if you’re working at a checkout.
You may have to work night shifts, on weekends and bank holidays.
Retail assistant is an entry level job.
If you want to apply for a retail assistant job, you might need the following:
- The right to work in the UK
- You may have to have some GCSEs or a relevant apprenticeship
- Depending on the type of shop, you may have to already have some knowledge about the products being sold
Handy to know about retail and sales assistants
How much do retail and sales assistants earn per hour?
From 8,613 retail and sales assistants
What contracts are people on?
Based on 7,802 retail and sales assistants
How much notice do people get of their shifts?
Based on 8,185 retail and sales assistants
How are people paid?
Based on 8,613 retail and sales assistants
How often do people get paid?
Based on 8,534 retail and sales assistants
Who’s hiring retail and sales assistants?
2486 recent jobs
923 recent jobs
884 recent jobs
598 recent jobs
509 recent jobs
474 recent jobs
466 recent jobs
317 recent jobs
281 recent jobs
205 recent jobs