Best retail or sales assistant jobs
Retail assistants have the job of selling goods and helping customers in a shop.
They can work on the shop floor and in the storeroom.
Other names for retail assistants are:
- Sales assistants/ representatives/ associates/ ambassadors/ co-workers/ people
- Shop assistants
- Retail colleagues
- Customer service assistants/ advisors
This type of job involves:
- Greeting customers as they enter the store
- Answering any customer questions
- Helping customers find their way around the shop
- Taking payments for products at tills
- Issuing refunds
- Meeting targets (sales and promotions)
- Maintaining a clean and tidy shop floor
- Unpacking stock and display on shelves
- Receiving deliveries
You may be on your feet a lot. But you may be able to sit down if you’re working at a checkout.
You may have to work night shifts, on weekends and bank holidays.
Retail assistant is an entry level job.
If you want to apply for a retail assistant job, you might need the following:
- The right to work in the UK
- You may have to have some GCSEs or a relevant apprenticeship
- Depending on the type of shop, you may have to already have some knowledge about the products being sold
Handy to know about retail and sales assistants
How much do retail and sales assistants earn per hour?
From 5,127 retail and sales assistants
How much notice do people get of their shifts?
Based on 5,277 retail and sales assistants
What contracts are people on?
Based on 5,056 retail and sales assistants
How often do people get paid?
Based on 5,293 retail and sales assistants
How are people paid?
Based on 5,497 retail and sales assistants
Who’s hiring retail and sales assistants?
364 recent jobs
121 recent jobs
73 recent jobs
67 recent jobs
27 recent jobs
15 recent jobs
10 recent jobs
9 recent jobs
9 recent jobs
6 recent jobs