Best bus or coach driver jobs
Bus and coach drivers have the job of driving buses or coaches.
Buses are used by the public. Coaches tend to be privately hired.
Other names for bus and coach drivers are:
- PCV drivers
- Class 1 drivers
This type of job might involve:
- Driving locally, across the country or to other countries
- Driving short or long journeys
- Taking card payments from passengers
- Driving and arriving to destinations on-time
You may have to work early mornings, late nights, on weekends and bank holidays.
You can apply for this job directly.
Unless you have previous experience, you can do Passenger Carrying Vehicle (PCV) training whilst you work.
If you want to apply for a bus or coach driver job, you might need the following:
- Some GCSEs or a relevant apprenticeship
- Be over 18
- Have a specialist driving licence
- A Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) for drivers
- The right to work in the UK
Handy to know about bus and coach drivers
How much do bus and coach drivers earn per hour?
From 459 bus and coach drivers
What contracts are people on?
Based on 452 bus and coach drivers
How often do people get paid?
Based on 475 bus and coach drivers
How are people paid?
Based on 484 bus and coach drivers
How much notice do people get of their shifts?
Based on 468 bus and coach drivers