Do Stoke On Trent City Council pay minimum wage?
Yes. Most people are paid above the minimum wage at Stoke On Trent City Council.
Public Sector Bodies who pay minimum wage include Scottish Prison Service, Police Scotland and Metropolitan Police.
Here’s how Stoke On Trent City Council pay different age groups.
|Age group||Stoke On Trent City Council pay per hour|
|16-17||Not enough data yet|
|18-20||Not enough data yet|
|21-22||Not enough data yet|
|23 and over||£8.34–15.58|
Last updated 27 November 2022
What is the Real Living Wage?
The Real Living Wage is a voluntary rate employers can sign up to that is based on the real cost of living.
|Location||Real Living Wage|
|Rest of the UK||£10.90|
What is the legal minimum wage?
The minimum wage is the legal minimum you must be paid per hour.
|Age group||Legal minimum wage|
|23 or older||£9.50|
How we know this
Based on 29 job reviews from people who work at Stoke On Trent City Council.
86% of people say they are paid at or above the legal minimum wage.
Which public sector bodies pay the best?
- Scottish Prison Service - pay £11.57–19.44 per hour
- Police Scotland - pay £10.88–20.43 per hour
- Metropolitan Police - pay £11.59–21.97 per hour
- London Fire Brigade - pay £13.72–17.65 per hour
- Sussex Police - pay £10.74–22.32 per hour
- Border Force - pay £10.37–19.69 per hour
- West Midlands Police - pay £10.95–25.31 per hour
- London Borough Of Hounslow - pay £11.38–16.25 per hour
- Highways England - pay £11.00–18.07 per hour
- HM Prison and Probation Service - pay £10.36–17.16 per hour
Jobs at Stoke On Trent City Council
Special Education Needs Support Worker (Abbey Hill School & College)
Stoke On Trent City Council
Abbey Hill School & College, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST3 5PP
Level 3 £20,812 - £21,189 (pro-rata) Actual Salary £15,386 - £16,023
- Proper training
- People enjoy this job
- Respectful managers +2 more