St John Ambulance
Uh oh. St John Ambulance hasn’t committed to creating great jobs yet.
Breakroom helps companies understand what their employees really think and supports them to be better employers.
If you’re from head office, sign up here to get started on your Breakroom journey.Dismiss
St John Ambulance is a charitable organisation. They help teach people first-aid and support the emergency services.sja.org.uk
Do St John Ambulance pay sick pay?
Yes. Most people get proper sick pay at St John Ambulance.
Charities who pay sick pay include StepChange Debt Charity, Women's Aid and NSPCC.
Last updated 19 March 2023
How we know this
Based on data from 19 people who took the Breakroom Quiz between July 2020 and March 2023.
74% of people say they would get paid if they were sick but scheduled to work.
Why this matters
Everyone gets sick sometimes. You should be able to take time off without worrying.
At a good job you should still get paid if you’re scheduled to work but can’t due to sickness. Your contract should say how many sick days you can take each year.
This is more than the legal minimum, which says you should only get paid if you are unwell for 4 full days. See Citizens Advice for more details.
More about pay at St John Ambulance
Which charities pay sick pay?
- StepChange Debt Charity Most people get sick pay
- Women's Aid Most people get sick pay
- NSPCC Most people get sick pay
- Change Grow Live Most people get sick pay
- Glasgow Life Most people get sick pay
- National Autistic Society Most people get sick pay
- Cats Protection Most people get sick pay
- VSA Only some people get sick pay
- Action For Children Only some people get sick pay
- St Monica Trust Most people get sick pay