South Lanarkshire Council
Uh oh. South Lanarkshire Council hasn’t committed to creating great jobs yet.
Breakroom helps companies understand what their employees really think and supports them to be better employers.
If you’re from head office, sign up here to get started on your Breakroom journey.Dismiss
South Lanarkshire Council is a local authority. They oversee local services.southlanarkshire.gov.uk
What's the average pay for a home carer at South Lanarkshire Council?
The average pay for a home carer at South Lanarkshire Council is between £10.55 and £13.13 per hour.
The top paying employers for care workers and assistants are North Lanarkshire Council, Helping Hands and South Lanarkshire Council.
Last updated 6 January 2023
What is the Real Living Wage?
The Real Living Wage is a voluntary rate employers can sign up to that is based on the real cost of living.
|Location||Real Living Wage|
|Rest of the UK||£10.90|
What is the legal minimum wage?
The minimum wage is the legal minimum you must be paid per hour.
|Age group||Legal minimum wage|
|23 or older||£10.42|
How we know this
Based on data from 16 people who took the Breakroom Quiz between December 2020 and January 2023.
More about pay at South Lanarkshire Council
Who pays care workers and assistants the most?
- North Lanarkshire Council Pay £11.24–14.97 per hour
- Helping Hands Pay £10.85–12.85 per hour
- South Lanarkshire Council Pay £10.55–13.13 per hour
- Glasgow City Council Pay £9.98–16.14 per hour
- Fife Council Pay £10.08–13.19 per hour
- Apex Prime Care Pay £9.64–13.97 per hour
- City Of Edinburgh Council Pay £9.33–13.22 per hour
- NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Pay £10.32–12.65 per hour
- North Ayrshire Council Pay £10.53–12.59 per hour
- Newcross Healthcare Pay £9.23–13.00 per hour