London Fire Brigade
Uh oh. London Fire Brigade hasn’t committed to creating great jobs yet.
Breakroom helps companies understand what their employees really think and supports them to be better employers.
If you’re from head office, sign up here to get started on your Breakroom journey.Dismiss
London Fire Brigade is London's fire and rescue service.london-fire.gov.uk
What’s the pay at London Fire Brigade?
The average pay at London Fire Brigade is between £13.73 and £19.00 per hour.
This table shows how hourly pay rates at London Fire Brigade compare across the different types of jobs they offer.
|Job||London Fire Brigade pay per hour|
Last updated 25 May 2023
What is the Real Living Wage?
The Real Living Wage is a voluntary rate employers can sign up to that is based on the real cost of living.
|Location||Real Living Wage|
|Rest of the UK||£10.90|
What is the legal minimum wage?
The minimum wage is the legal minimum you must be paid per hour.
|Age group||Legal minimum wage|
|23 or older||£10.42|
How we know this
Based on data from 31 people who took the Breakroom Quiz between June 2022 and May 2023.
Which public sector bodies pay most?
- Croydon Council Pay £10.58–25.37 per hour
- Westminster City Council Pay £9.15–24.93 per hour
- Scottish Prison Service Pay £11.85–19.80 per hour
- Southwark Council Pay £11.32–21.87 per hour
- Metropolitan Police Pay £11.51–22.22 per hour
- NHS 24 Pay £11.47–22.45 per hour
- Police Scotland Pay £11.05–20.38 per hour
- Sussex Police Pay £10.92–22.39 per hour
- HM Prison and Probation Service Pay £10.10–17.69 per hour
- Border Force Pay £10.00–20.06 per hour
What people are saying about pay at London Fire Brigade
Slow progress and modernisation
Lack of frontline staff appreciation
Abandonment by senior management
London Fire Brigade Firefighter, June 2022