Uh oh. Inverclyde Council hasn’t committed to creating great jobs yet.
Breakroom helps companies understand what their employees really think and supports them to be better employers.
If you’re from head office, sign up here to get started on your Breakroom journey.Dismiss
Inverclyde Council is a local authority. They oversee local services.inverclyde.gov.uk
Do Inverclyde Council pay minimum wage?
Yes. Most people are paid above the minimum wage at Inverclyde Council.
Public Sector Bodies who pay minimum wage include Croydon Council, Westminster City Council and Scottish Prison Service.
Here’s how Inverclyde Council pay different age groups.
|Age group||Inverclyde Council pay per hour|
|16-17||Not enough data yet|
|18-20||Not enough data yet|
|21-22||Not enough data yet|
|23 and over||£9.38–14.21|
Last updated 12 February 2023
What is the Real Living Wage?
The Real Living Wage is a voluntary rate employers can sign up to that is based on the real cost of living.
|Location||Real Living Wage|
|Rest of the UK||£10.90|
What is the legal minimum wage?
The minimum wage is the legal minimum you must be paid per hour.
|Age group||Legal minimum wage|
|23 or older||£10.42|
How we know this
Based on data from 20 people who took the Breakroom Quiz between October 2020 and February 2023.
95% of people say they are paid at or above the legal minimum wage.
More about pay at Inverclyde Council
Which public sector bodies pay the best?
- Croydon Council - pay £10.58–25.37 per hour
- Westminster City Council - pay £9.15–24.93 per hour
- Scottish Prison Service - pay £11.85–19.80 per hour
- Southwark Council - pay £11.32–21.87 per hour
- Metropolitan Police - pay £11.51–22.22 per hour
- London Fire Brigade - pay £13.73–19.00 per hour
- NHS 24 - pay £11.47–22.45 per hour
- Police Scotland - pay £11.05–20.38 per hour
- Sussex Police - pay £10.92–22.39 per hour
- HM Prison and Probation Service - pay £10.10–17.69 per hour