Do Handsale pay sick pay?
No. Most people don’t get proper sick pay at Handsale.
Social Care Providers who pay sick pay include Places For People, VSA and Pobl.
Last updated 6 January 2024
How we know this
Based on data from 10 people who took the Breakroom Quiz between March 2022 and January 2024.
90% of people say they wouldn’t get paid if they were sick but scheduled to work.
Why this matters
Everyone gets sick sometimes. You should be able to take time off without worrying.
At a good job you should still get paid if you’re scheduled to work but can’t due to sickness. Your contract should say how many sick days you can take each year.
This is more than the legal minimum, which says you should only get paid if you are unwell for 4 full days. See Citizens Advice for more details.
Which social care providers pay sick pay?
- Places For People Most people get sick pay
- VSA Most people get sick pay
- Pobl Most people get sick pay
- Percy Hedley Foundation Most people get sick pay
- Alcura Most people get sick pay
- Action For Children Only some people get sick pay
- Change Grow Live Most people get sick pay
- City Health Care Partnership Most people get sick pay
- David Lewis Most people get sick pay
- Tricuro Most people get sick pay