Go North East
Uh oh. Go North East hasn’t committed to creating great jobs yet.
Breakroom helps companies understand what their employees really think and supports them to be better employers.
If you’re from head office, sign up here to get started on your Breakroom journey.Dismiss
Go North East is a bus operator. Their routes are across North East England.gonortheast.co.uk
Do Go North East pay breaks?
No. Most people don’t get paid breaks at Go North East.
Public Transport Providers who pay breaks include Hitachi, West Midlands Trains and South Western Railway.
Last updated 17 May 2023
How we know this
Based on data from 102 people who took the Breakroom Quiz between November 2019 and May 2023.
77% of people say they don’t get paid breaks.
Why this matters
A good job should have paid breaks.
You should be paid for all your time at work, whether you’re on a break or not.
Which public transport providers pay breaks?
- Hitachi Only some people get paid breaks
- West Midlands Trains Most people get paid breaks
- South Western Railway Most people get paid breaks
- Transport for Wales Most people get paid breaks
- Nexus Tyne and Wear Most people get paid breaks
- Thameslink Most people get paid breaks
- Great Western Railway Most people get paid breaks
- CrossCountry Most people get paid breaks
- Southern Most people get paid breaks
- Southeastern Most people get paid breaks
Jobs where breaks are paid
What people are saying about sick pay at Go North East
Working alongside great people
Carrying regular passengers
Meeting new people
Breaks can be short
Passengers can be aggressive/ rude
Go North East Bus driver, November 2022
Meeting and greeting people of all walks of life
Long hours driving short breaks
Go North East Bus driver, June 2021