Do Bridgend County Borough Council pay minimum wage?
Yes. Most people are paid above the minimum wage at Bridgend County Borough Council.
Public Sector Bodies who pay minimum wage include Scottish Prison Service, Police Scotland and Metropolitan Police.
Here’s how Bridgend County Borough Council pay different age groups.
|Age group||Bridgend County Borough Council pay per hour|
|16-17||Not enough data yet|
|18-20||Not enough data yet|
|21-22||Not enough data yet|
|23 and over||£9.50–12.42|
Last updated 11 January 2023
What is the Real Living Wage?
The Real Living Wage is a voluntary rate employers can sign up to that is based on the real cost of living.
|Location||Real Living Wage|
|Rest of the UK||£10.90|
What is the legal minimum wage?
The minimum wage is the legal minimum you must be paid per hour.
|Age group||Legal minimum wage|
|23 or older||£9.50|
How we know this
Based on 12 job reviews from people who work at Bridgend County Borough Council.
92% of people say they are paid at or above the legal minimum wage.
More about pay at Bridgend County Borough Council
Which public sector bodies pay the best?
- Scottish Prison Service - pay £11.57–19.44 per hour
- Police Scotland - pay £10.88–20.43 per hour
- Metropolitan Police - pay £11.59–21.97 per hour
- London Fire Brigade - pay £13.72–17.65 per hour
- Sussex Police - pay £10.74–22.32 per hour
- Border Force - pay £10.37–19.69 per hour
- West Midlands Police - pay £10.95–25.31 per hour
- London Borough Of Hounslow - pay £11.38–16.25 per hour
- Highways England - pay £11.00–18.07 per hour
- HM Prison and Probation Service - pay £10.36–17.16 per hour