Uh oh. Border Force hasn’t committed to creating great jobs yet.
Breakroom helps companies understand what their employees really think and supports them to be better employers.
If you’re from head office, sign up here to get started on your Breakroom journey.Dismiss
Border Force is responsible for frontline border control operations at air, sea and rail ports in the UK.gov.uk/government/organisations/border-force
What’s the pay at Border Force?
The average pay at Border Force is between £10.00 and £20.12 per hour.
Last updated 23 March 2023
What is the Real Living Wage?
The Real Living Wage is a voluntary rate employers can sign up to that is based on the real cost of living.
|Location||Real Living Wage|
|Rest of the UK||£10.90|
What is the legal minimum wage?
The minimum wage is the legal minimum you must be paid per hour.
|Age group||Legal minimum wage|
|23 or older||£9.50|
How we know this
Based on 49 job reviews from people who work at Border Force.
Which public sector bodies pay most?
- Westminster City Council Pay £8.94–24.78 per hour
- Scottish Prison Service Pay £11.67–20.01 per hour
- Croydon Council Pay £10.40–25.96 per hour
- Metropolitan Police Pay £11.54–23.08 per hour
- London Fire Brigade Pay £14.60–19.05 per hour
- Police Scotland Pay £11.05–20.38 per hour
- Sussex Police Pay £10.80–22.30 per hour
- House Of Commons Pay £10.01–17.25 per hour
- HM Prison and Probation Service Pay £10.07–17.26 per hour
- West Midlands Police Pay £10.97–25.28 per hour
Jobs at Border Force
What people are saying about pay at Border Force
I have a nice view.
Pay, shifts and ability to do the job well.
Border Force Employee, June 2021
Working outside and good colleagues
Face fits situation
Pay frozen for the past 12 years
Border Force Border force officer, January 2021