Alliance Healthcare warehouse operatives jobs
How much does Alliance Healthcare pay warehouse operatives per hour?
£8.58–9.60 from 5 warehouse operatives at Alliance Healthcare
What’s it like working as a warehouse operatives?
Warehouse operatives have the job of sorting, moving, and packing products that come into and leave a warehouse.
They can work in stockrooms or warehouses (sometimes called distribution centres or depots).
Other names for warehouse operatives are:
- Warehouse associate/ op/ assistant
- Picker and packer
This type of job may include:
- Checking in new products that come in
- Making sure products aren’t damaged (quality control)
- Checking for missing items
- Picking products that have been ordered
- Packing products ready to be shipped
- Meeting targets around the amount of work you can get done
- Using stock management software
- Keeping the warehouse clean
A lot of this work is physical and requires you to be on your feet.
You may have to work night shifts, on weekends and bank holidays.
If you want to apply for a warehouse operative job, you might need the following:
- The right to work in the UK
- You may have to have some GCSEs or a relevant apprenticeship
Changing hours so be less pay
Warehouse worker, July 2020
- £10.00 per hour
- 25 or older
- More than 3 years experience