Last updated: 3 February 2022
- Remember you on our website
- Understand how people use our website
- Help us deliver advertising
- Protect our site
To remember you
- Signing in: cookies remember which account you’re signed in to
- Creating an account: cookies remember your progress through our account creation questions
To understand how people use our website
- Analytics: we use tools like Google Analytics and Amplitude to help us understand how people found our site, and how they navigate around it, so we can make it better
- Record web sessions: we use tools like Hotjar allow us to view your web session in real-time
To help us deliver advertising
- Ad networks: we may share that you’ve visited certain pages with Facebook, Twitter, Google, Snapchat and TikTok to understand how our ads perform, ensure the right people see them, and to stop you seeing them if you’ve already signed up
To protect our site
- Making sure users are human: we use a service, Recaptcha, to prevent bots from signing up or signing in to our site
- Prevent fraudulent advertising clicks: we use a service called Click Guardian, to ensure that we only pay when a real person clicks on our adverts
How do I turn off cookies?
Most browsers enable cookies by default, but you can delete or block cookies in your browser settings. You can also get in touch with some of the third parties we work with to adjust your cookie settings.
The website aboutcookies.org gives helpful information about how you can delete or block cookies in different browsers.
If you block our cookies you may find that parts of our website no longer function properly.