Careers at Breakroom
At Breakroom, our mission is to make the world a more equal place by making every job a good job.
To do that, we’re building a world-class, inclusive team.See current job openings
How we work
- We put the needs of our members first
- We’re opinionated about what a good job is
- We prioritise building trust with users
- We are optimistic and realistic
- We do the hard work to make things simple
Where we work
We have a hybrid and flexible working policy. Our team works two days a week from our office (COVID regulations permitting) at Second Home in Spitalfields, London. The rest of the time we’re a mix of in-person and remote.
We work flexibly around our core hours from 9.30am to 3pm. Read more about how we work on our blog.
Meet the team
We’re a team of experienced founders and operators.
We’ve worked at startups like Bulb, Deliveroo, Carwow, Moo, Florence and BlaBlaCar, as well as established brands including the FT, Condé Nast and the Co-op Group.
Our founders helped start Europe’s leading Tech For Good VC, Bethnal Green Ventures, and the UK Government Digital Service.
- Abby Millward Principal Engineer
- Alba Ester Torres Social Media Marketing Manager
- Ania Borowska Product Designer
- Andy Pearson Senior Software Engineer
- Anna Maybank CEO & Co-founder
- Benje Golding-Sebitla Social Media Executive
- Bunie Anyaegbunam CMO
- Edd Sowden Principal Engineer
- George Buckley Software Engineer
- James Weiner CPO & Co-founder
- Jay Yu Product Designer
- Jen Warren Product Designer
- Milly Trotter Product Manager
- Nayela Wickramasuriya Software Engineer
- Shani McDonald Junior Software Engineer
- Sherryll Elliott Junior Software Engineer
- Simon Kelman Head of Content
- Tom Taylor CTO & Co-founder
Our perks and benefits
- Pick your own hardware
- £1000 annual training budget
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible remote/office arrangements
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays
- 13 weeks parental leave for all new parents
- 5% pension contributions
- Travelcard or rail pass loan scheme
- Mental health support at work through Spill
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
If you care about our mission but don’t see a role that fits you perfectly yet, drop us a line and introduce yourself.
We welcome applications from groups traditionally underrepresented in technology startups, especially women and gender minorities, people of colour, and people with a non-traditional educational background.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org